On Industrialist Anand Mahindra’s ‘Agnipath’ Pitch, Some Questions Raised

Many on social media requested Mr Mahindra what number of ex-officers the Mahindra Group has employed.

New Delhi:

Following industrialist Anand Mahindra’s pitch for ‘Agnipath’ and supply to rent ‘Agniveers’, a number of social media customers, a few of them army veterans, requested if the Mahindra Group has employed former servicemen earlier in key positions.

Amid nationwide protests in opposition to ‘Agnipath’, Mr Mahindra on Monday had mentioned that the Mahindra Group would welcome the chance to recruit folks skilled underneath the scheme.

“Saddened by the violence across the #Agneepath program. When the scheme was mooted final 12 months I stated-& I repeat-the self-discipline & abilities Agniveers acquire will make them eminently employable. The Mahindra Group welcomes the chance to recruit such skilled, succesful younger folks,” Mr Mahindra had tweeted.

Whereas many appreciated Mr Mahindra’s gesture, some, together with former servicemen, requested him what number of ex-officers the Mahindra Group has employed.

“Why await this new scheme? Has the Mahendra Group, up to now, reached out to 1000’s of extremely expert & disciplined ex-Servicemen (Jawans & Officers), retiring yearly & desperately searching for a 2nd profession. It will be good to get some statistics out of your Group,” wrote Mr Arun Prakash, former Indian Navy chief and ex-Chairman of the Chiefs of Employees Committee, replying to Mr Mahindra’s tweet.

“.@anandmahindra Sir, might we have now some stats as requested by the ex Naval Chief? I’ve retired after forty years in service listening to such guarantees,” wrote Mr Manmohan Bahadur, former Air Vice Marshal of the Indian Air Pressure.

Earlier on Monday, RPG Group chairman Harsh Goenka had echoed Mr Mahindra’s sentiment.

“The RPG group too welcomes the chance to make use of the Agniveers. I do hope different corporates may even be part of us to take this pledge and guarantee our youths of a future,” Mr Goenka had tweeted.

The nation witnessed large protests after the centre introduced the ‘Agnipath’ scheme underneath which defence aspirants between the 17.5-21 age group will probably be recruited for 4 years.

After the completion of the 4 years, 75 per cent of the brand new recruits will probably be relieved of their duties with a sum whole of about Rs 12 lakh however no pension advantages. The remaining 25 per cent will probably be retained and go on to serve a 15-year tenure within the armed forces.

Regardless of the huge protests in opposition to this scheme, the centre has categorically refused to roll it again.

About Akash J

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.