The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is a recruitment organization that provides various services to banks and other financial institutions in India. It conducts common recruitment processes for various banking and insurance sector jobs and also provides various other services such as training, research, and development. IBPS is headquartered in Mumbai and was established in 1975.
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
- Common Recruitment Processes: IBPS conducts Common Recruitment Processes (CRP) for various posts such as Probationary Officer (PO), Clerk, Specialist Officer (SO), and Regional Rural Banks (RRB). The CRP exams are conducted online and consist of objective type multiple choice questions.
- Training: IBPS provides various training programs for bank employees and also for aspiring bank candidates to help them improve their skills and knowledge.
- Research and Development: IBPS conducts research and development activities to keep itself updated with the latest trends and changes in the banking sector and to continuously improve its services.
- IBPS Scores: The scores obtained by candidates in IBPS exams are used by participating organizations as a measure of their suitability for various posts.
- Public Service: IBPS is established as an autonomous body with the objective of serving the public by providing human resource services to banks and other financial institutions in India.
Overall, IBPS plays a significant role in the recruitment and training of personnel for the banking and insurance sectors in India, helping to ensure the smooth functioning of these industries.